While it’s great to have the Adoble Creative Cloud software in the Digital Creation Space, you may want to do some creative work at home. Below you will find freeware and apps to help you get the job done on a budget!
Don’t forget that Plano Public Library makes Lynda.com available to you for online instruction in many of these software packages and topics.
- GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program): GIMP is a cross-platform image editor available for GNU/Linux, OS X, Windows and more operating systems.
- PIXLR: a web-based photo editing app for use within the Google Chrome browser.
- Photoscape: a fun and easy photo editing software that enables you to fix and enhance photos.
- Sumopaint: Sumo Paint is an online image editor, without need to install anything to your device. It’s the most versatile photo editor and painting application that works in a browser. You can open and save images from your hard drive or save it to cloud.
- Adobe Photoshop Express – ios/android/windows
- Inkscape: a free vector graphics application (like Adobe Illustrator), for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- https://vectr.com/ is comparable to PIXLR but vector-based. Web-based or download (Mac/Windows/Linux/Chromebook)
- https://designer.io/ (Gravit Designer) – clean, intuitive interface. Online, Windows, Mac, Linux, Chromebook
- Audacity: free, open source, cross-platform audio software for multi-track recording and editing, for Windows, Mac, or Linux.
- OcenAudio: a free audio editor for Windows, Mac, or Linux.
- Hya-Wave: a web-based audio editor. Can’t do multiple tracks, but is good for basic editing.
- OpenShot: an easy to use, quick to learn, and surprisingly powerful video editor.